I think Byndi chirps in his sleep

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

I think Byndi chirps in his sleep

Post by jen5239 »

Hey everyone,
I noticed this evening when Byndi looked like he was napping--head turned around facing behind him, beak buried in his back--that he was making the cutest little noises while he was doing this. Does this mean he chirps in his sleep?? Tee hee. Does that mean that soon I'm going to have to watch for sleep flying?? Tee hee. Does anyone else's bird do this?? He makes some of the oddest noises! I've also noticed that when the Blue Jays outside are going crazy he pipes right in. And loudly pipes in at that. HE'S SO FREAKIN' COOL!!! Even if I can't hold him and IT'S FREAKIN' KILLIN ME!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO HOLD HIM SOOOOOOOO BADLY! :cry:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I have wondered this myself.

I have decided she isnt actually sleeping but content and practicing her vocal skills. Sometimes she will get real worked up (loud) if I dont call her attention to it.

She sounds just like a box of puppies whimpering and sometimes mumbling. Is this the sound you hear?
~ Mikaela Sky

greeny

Post by greeny »

My new girl does this. She is only 3 mos old and cannot talk and is usually very quiet. But sometimes when she is resting with her head in her wing she is making alot of noises. I think she is practicing for when she can talk.
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

This is their basic wild instincts coming out, in the wild, when birds sleep, they chirp to see if the rest of the flock are ok and there is no danger, it is just a reasurrance thing
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It certainly sounds peaceful and reassuring, until she gets all worked up with it.

I say "Baby chill" and it goes back to the soft whimper. I either wake her or she realizes "wow, I was really pouring it on the whimpers".
~ Mikaela Sky