babys hatched

Moderator: Mods

riantango08

babys hatched

Post by riantango08 »

my first pair laid 3 eggs,but only 1 egg has hatched,which was a week ago,should i remove the other 2 unhatched eggs,i dont think that they will hatch as it has been to long in between.
mother has been doing a great job of feeding the little 1 as its tripled in size in a week.
my other pair laid 4 eggs and they have been hatching today,2 so far in the last 6 hours,so hoping by the morning they have all hatched.also when do they start getting their feathers,im really excited to see what the colour outcome will be.
im so excited as this is my first time breeding
thanks for reading
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

thanks rnsliva,its amazing how quickly they grow up,my 10 day old chick is like 5 times bigger than my 3 day old chicks.
can u tell by the colour of the chicks eyes if there albino or lutino,their only a couple of days old,but i can see that 2 have black eyes and 1 has red.thier parents are grey female and green male
bec

Post by bec »

bubbies!!!!! yay !!!!!!!
from the sounds of things
you have an albio or lutino there with the red eye
so cool when do we see pics?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Congrats riantango :) :)

Any Ino chicks you have will be girls.

(I think this is right, Fah or any other genetic savvy person please correct me if I am wrong :) ), the male will be split for ino as hens can't be split with the ino gene.

If the male is split ino, the 2 chicks will be Lutino girls and if he is split for blue ino, (albino), then you could have one of each colour.
riantango08

worried bout my chicks

Post by riantango08 »

hi there
im a bit worried about 1 of my chicks,it seems to be a bit smaller than the other 2
2 hatched on tuesday and then the last 1 on thursday,im not sure if the smaller 1 is the last one born or not,im just worried that it being smaller it might struggle getting fed,that the other 2 will push it around and it wont get fed.if it comes to it and i have to hand rear it,what can i do to prepare myself if this happens.
im still trying to figure out how to post pics,but if i can work it out ill put some up
thanks
bec

Post by bec »

this is a very handy post about handrearng equipment
http://www.indianringneck.com/board/vie ... nd+rearing
hope it helps
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

ive just checked the babys again and the little 1 seems to have food in its crop,buts its only half the size of the other two
they all sat up as if they were being fed and the little one(ill name it pinky as it has red eyes) sat up just as much as the other two,so i think itll be ok,ill just keep an eye on it over the next couple of days.
bec

Post by bec »

sounds like a good plan
be alert for any problems .....but if it aint broke dont fix it!!
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

pinky is only 3 days old and the other 2 are five days old,i just figured this out while going through my photos,maybe thats why its a little smaller,but ill keep an eye on it just the same