Need Help

Moderator: Mods

BlessedGMA

Need Help

Post by BlessedGMA »

I was at a bird show last month and a guy had some IRN's for sale along with other breeds. He had a beautiful green male. So I asked him if he was tame and he said yes but he's acting so scared because he was not use to all of the noises at the show. Which made a lot of sense to me. I got him and all the way home he was so calm in the carrier. I put him beside my females cage for a few days, I kept going up to him and talking very softly But when I went to put him in his cage he freaked out I got ahold of him and he got ahold of my finger and wouldn't let go. I know he was scared and that's his only form of defense,to bite me. I left him in his cage for a week, kept talking to him. I opened the cage door and he finally came out but by no means was he ever tame. I've tried to offer him all kinds of treats but all I get is him flying off. I quit trying to give him food but kept talking to him. Finally we decided to get him back into his cage but the only way was to wait until dark and get him so we did. I have his cage right beside me in the living room. I talk to him all the time, offer him the same treat's that my other babies are getting. He will not take anything from my hand, when I go to add food or water he flips out. My other feather babies get out of there cages and come over to me,he watches the other bird's get on me and play but he's not interested in doing that also he has toy's in his cage and he doesn't touch them. What can I do?? How do I get him to trust me? Where do I even start? I just can't get over the guy looking me in the eye and saying "oh yes he's tame" people have gotten terrible X( Thanks for any and all advice.