Suns Up, Im Bored, WAKE UP!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Suns Up, Im Bored, WAKE UP!

Post by Lauren »

I swear that is what Jibby is thinking lately when he gets me out of bed by pulling my hair and chattering in my ear. Lola is now full time in her nestbox so Jibby has been alone for the majority of the day now and it seems hes gone a bit bonkers, hes chattering to himself more and saying things he rarely says (we dont hear Tweet Tweet often, once every couple of years he'll give a 'tweet tweet tweeeeeeeeeeeet!' yes he literally says 'Tweet'.), and hes always looking for attention (because hes not getting any from Lola in the last week?). I dont cage them at night now because I cant fit the nestbox in the cage and Jibby still needs access to Lola for feedings. So Jibby thinks its a great idea to come wake me up every morning now, perhaps because hes got no one to talk to now and I dont sleep with doors closed. After he's done giving Lola the first feeding of the day, he will now wake me up by first flying to the bedroom door and 'calling' then waiting for a reaction from me. If that doesnt get me up (usually it wakes me up, I just 'act' like Im asleep hehe I fell for it the first time) he will then fly down to the bed, climb on my head, pulling my hair and chattering the rare 'tweet' or 'microwave beep' in my ear. So funny. 3 days in a row now hes done this. :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

lol he isn't dumb!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: He certainly isnt haha. But sometimes I think he dumbs down how intelligent he is. Like he often 'acts' like he cant hold his food.. so what does mummy do? hold it for him. (This happened after Lola chomped his foot and I 'helped' him eat a little) He knows this and Ive caught onto this now. He plays the 'Im just a bird' well because he knows me too well! haha.
Like he knows my routines and sleeping routine!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year