harnesses

Moderator: Mods

Ian.g

harnesses

Post by Ian.g »

what would you guys recommend as a good flight suit/harness for an IRN? we want to get our baby a harness, as we think it would be great for him/her to be able to enjoy time outside with us (obviously once comfortable using one) we had one for the tiels...i think it was a feather teather, and it was quite good (once you got to grips with getting it on lol) unfortunately both HATED wearing it, and totally freaked at the sight of it in the end...so now they go out on nice days but obviously in a cage....we are hoping that if we start early enough we can get our IRN comfortable with one so he/she can come out and enjoy the sunshine without being caged up, and be able to spend time out there acrtually interacting and being with us.....so what would you guys recommend? and what size as well...also please bear in mind we are in the UK so some of the brands there may not be available here....
1 cockatiel Casper
1 IRN Yoshi
2 dogs (Storm & Maverick)
lots of snakes!
a couple of tortoises
and a bearded dragon
groovey_jem

Post by groovey_jem »

hi ian

when we get our conure we will get one of the harness that are below and hopefully once bluey is more tame we are hoping to get him/her one too .... and i think u are absolutely right to get on and asap as it will be easier to get him used to the harness ... the lady we are gettin the conure from will already train the baby conure so it use to the conure ... i dont know sorry carnt remember ... if you are gettin your baby from a breeder maybe ask if they will get the baby used to the harness for you if you buy one ... just if they put it on once or twice ... as the baby already has thier trust and hopefully will be easier and less stressful and then you can continue training the baby once he/she is home

hope this help

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aviator-Bird-Harn ... 3:1|294:50
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Hi Jem....well i have had a browse about, and it seems that the aviator harness is the best one by a mile! so i will be investing in one of those.....not terribly cheap, but apparently it is the best most comfortable and safe design of any bird harness....and if you decide on one for your IRN at some point the size you will need is an x-small :)
1 cockatiel Casper
1 IRN Yoshi
lots of snakes!
a couple of tortoises
and a bearded dragon
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

ahhh the link didnt appear when i first saw your reply lol....great minds eh! i was looking at the exact same one on ebay about 10 min ago :lol:
1 cockatiel Casper
1 IRN Yoshi
lots of snakes!
a couple of tortoises
and a bearded dragon
groovey_jem

Post by groovey_jem »

oh my gosh i wouldnt have said x small lol thank you ... i know our conure will need petite lol

this is a piccie of the previous clutch of conures the lady had who we are gettin our conure from and this is what she does to prepare them ready for their harness ... soooooo cute

groovey_jem

Post by groovey_jem »

:lol: :lol: and its really good it comes with dvd (nearly put video lol) with instruction to help and no escaping for birdie either lol
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

I never saw a person with a bird on
a leash. I think i see people with dogs
sometimes :lol:
groovey_jem

Post by groovey_jem »

it must be lovely for the bird to be able to go outside at least semi free ... but for now until we can train bluey s/he loves sitting outside in cage and chirping away to other birds :)