the fun off bath time

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

bec

the fun off bath time

Post by bec »

riku & pickle have been such dags today
i fed them thismorning n& changed the water
of course as soon as i did that riku had to have a bath :roll:
i sat down with my coffee and watched rikus bath time is very funny!!!!
he tries to fit his whole body in this little seed bowl that came with the cage but only manages to fit his head
well the realy funny thing was piuckle standing on a perch behind him wings spread as riku did dunking his head like riku but pickles bowl was imaginary!!!!!!& when riku shook off the excess water pickle did the same
so i went & filled another bowl with water (same tiny bowl)
so riku ran to that on & bathed in that too!!!!!!
pickle ran up to the first bowl & dunked his head as riku had then shook in delight so of course riku came back and chased pickle away from that bowl and bathed again
the whole time this was going on tia (Matthews puppy ) was sitting at the foot of the cage just staring at the fids with a shocked expression
as if to say you willingly get wet? are you two totally nuts
by the time riku had finished with bathtime i had refilled each bowl 4 times
then the soggy birds sat on a seed bowl each and chatted over brekky
good way to start the day hey?
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

For a bird, hell yea!!
bec

Post by bec »

the laughter was a good start 4 me too
Ronlee

Expanded Horisons

Post by Ronlee »

Hi My Name is Ron

I would like to ask you if you have ever tried to give them a larger bowl of water to bath in. My Ringneck did the exact same thing, he bathed in his small water bowl untill i put a large bowl of water next to the cage, he now gets in completely, even puts his whole head under the water. He looks like a wet drowned rat when he's finished. :P
bec

Post by bec »

yeah ron i tried a larger bowl riku ignored it totally & coninued to used the water bowl ive just bought larger versions of his water bowl to see if that will work :roll:
DEEDEE

Re: the fun off bath time

Post by DEEDEE »

My two also tried to bathe in the water bowl, I have a spray but they don't seem to happy with that method, so I got a large Ice Cream carton cut it down and now they stand in water upto their bellies and splash. This is the best way because I can then remove it and all the damp paper.
LuvMyBird

Post by LuvMyBird »

My lutino ringneck Baby dunks her head in the water too - the first time I saw her wet I freaked thought something was wrong with her. Then i pet her and realized it was water... she does it all the time since I bought the spray - I think she hates it and beats me to it herself. :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

lol riku loves the spray bottle too!!!! ive had him hanging upside down from the top of the cage flapping away while i absolutly soak him with the spray bottle
munchies folks

Post by munchies folks »

I tried one of the mid sized in cage baths and Munchie wants nothing to do with it, but he will use the small bowl of water non-stop. it really is the funniest thing i have seen so far with owning Munchie. :lol:
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Imagine Gomez, he has a water feeder and tries bathing in that! :lol:
I give him a mist bath every other day he loves it.... even before I start to spray if he sees the spray bottle he'll climb on top of his cage and spread his wings ready! :D
bec

Post by bec »

lol riku doesnt even need to see the spray bottle as soon as i say who wants squirts? he gets in position and starts demanding i hurry up & start!!!