Color question

Moderator: Mods

a24karatgd79

Color question

Post by a24karatgd79 »

I have a hen aproximately two or three years old, bought from a friend who no longer could handle the bird. She bought the bird at a flea market. I know it is a hen becuase she laid eggs. She seems to be a very odd color of greenish brown, but not all over, just mainly on her head and back and wings. Her flights arevery dark and her tail on the topside is blue, the bottom side is yellow. Her nails are grey or dark grey, but not black. Her beak is dark on the bottom, but striped dark and red on the top. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of her, she has me stumped for sure. She is molting right now, and looking very drab. I know she was not being fed properly so I was wondering if that could affect her color and she really is a normal green, but lacks vitamins and such? Thanks for your help.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Hi! Would you be able to post pictures
of your hen? :oops: :D
julie

Re: Color question

Post by julie »

a24karatgd79 wrote:. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of her, she has me stumped for sure. She is molting right now, and looking very drab. I know she was not being fed properly so I was wondering if that could affect her color and she really is a normal green, but lacks vitamins and such? Thanks for your help.
doesn't have a camera
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Woops. Sorry Julie & a24.
Just continue taking care
of the bird and see what
happens. :)
a24karatgd79

Post by a24karatgd79 »

Yeah, I wish I had a camera, sorry. I will continue of course to take care of her, but, I would like to know what she is. Thanks yall.