Color identification & pairing advice

Moderator: Mods

cyncoxon

Color identification & pairing advice

Post by cyncoxon »

We have recently acquired a pair of IRN's for breeding. The male is very unusual compared to what I have seen in person or online and I can't find anything quite like him. His head is green, his chest, stomach & rump are pure blue and his wings are almost a turquoise. His feet are a pinkish color with gray nails. Both his upper & lower mandible are red. The person we got him from had him paired with a green lacewing hen, with no luck. First can anyone tell me what color this bird would be considered? Someone told me a Padilla but can't find anything about any such mutation so think that's smoke......Second, what kind of hen should we put him with? I would like to pair him with a younger hen we have that will be 2 next spring. She's a very very pale turquoise (silver maybe?) I will post pics of her soon. We also have a chocolate hen the same age, a cremino hen, a cinnamon grey hen, a lutino/blue hen and a couple of normal green hens. I'll keep this short & will give more info in future postings.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... 224643d33b

Hope you can see the pics on my FaceBook page.
bec

Post by bec »

dont know what color he is but hes georgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cyncoxon

Post by cyncoxon »

Thank you & he's one of the biggest IRN's I've ever seen too. The hen he is with is the first lacewing in our flock & I need some advice on what I should pair her with also. They are feeding each other as I type. Scott wants to leave them together this season but our friend says we should have him with a blue series female. That's why I need advice.
madas

Post by madas »

I think he is a cinnamon turquoise. But not sure. He isn't pallid turquoise because he hasn't a yellow head.
julie

Post by julie »

I wouldn't describe it as being "body pure blue" unless maybe color blind (sorry if you are :oops: ) when you say green head and pure blue we/I got a completely different picture of what it was. It looks similar to my hen.
check out this thread http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtop ... ght=#24342 a couple of posts down Jeremy has a bird that looks like what it may be.
cyncoxon

Post by cyncoxon »

Hey Julie, Thanks for the link. When I said pure blue I meant that he didn't have any green mingled in on his chest. I have another Turquoise bird which has the green mingled in with blue over his whole body, so now I'm color confused......what's the difference between a Turquoise & a TurquoiseBlue?

And seeing the pic on that link, my young female might be a Cinn. Turq. or a Cinn. TurqBl. I have to get pics up of her, my head is going to exlode with all these colors. I still need to get into the GenCalc....this female was purchased as part of a clutch we got out of nest to feed out last spring '08. We wee told the father was a DF Turq & mother a normal blue. The babies ended up being a Cremino Hen, a very light Turq. Hen (Cinn? almost has a silverish look), and 3 Turq Males. So one of them had to be split to INO, right? Unfortunately he sold the parents as well, before we got the babies, so we never saw them.