nap times-

Moderator: Mods

selma

nap times-

Post by selma »

I understand that parrots are supposed to get 12 hrs sleep. Our baby goes to bed at 9 every night but is awake as soon as the sun comes up but then naps from about 8 to 9. After he has his lunch at about 12:30 he goes off for another nap for an hour or more. In the afternoon when i take a nap on the sofa he will do the same.
And he will stay in his nap position peeping from one eye to see when i get up so he can get up too. Even though he doesn't get his 12 hours during the night i wonder if he's not napping too much during the day? Or is he just catching up on the sleep he missed during the night? What do you all think?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That is almost freaky, my girls do what I do too. If they see me sleep, they sleep, if we are eating, they begin picking at their food. I dont let my girls join us at the table but they can still see us.

I bet alot of our babies mimic us, probably a flock thing.

If Florida, where I live, it is common to see flocks of wild parrots. Mostly they live on golf courses, dont know why but it is beautiful and a blessing to run across them. They flee from the tree that noone even knows they are in because they blend so well and take off with such power. All at the same time, speed and next location in mind. God bless AMERICA! *pops open a beer and spits*

I am such a redneck yet I know not one single country song... does that make me a poser? :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Mikaela wrote:I am such a redneck yet I know not one single country song... does that make me a poser? :oops:

Yes. :p

Selma: You shouldn't worry. Birds are all different and the 12 hours sleep would only apply to birds living right at the equator. Being that India or Pakistan isn't on the equator (the Tropic of Cancer spears right through it) I don't believe 12 hour nights would apply to them. Florida nights are a little shorter than nights in southern India, but similar to those in northern India (India is BIG). Texas nights are about the same as Florida. The ratio of day and night changes everywhere depending on season, so days and nights can be longer than India's depending on how far north or south you are of it.

It all gets really confusing from there, lol. So I'll just say you're probably fine if you go by sunset and sunrise where you live. ^_^
Last edited by Melika on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

:lol:

*punches Melika in the arm*

I CANNOT listen to country music... it makes me boderline suicidal... I dont need a push :shock:
~ Mikaela Sky

selma

Post by selma »

Thanks melika so i'll take it's ok for him to nap several times during the day.
Mikaela my bird does exactly the same as yours with regards to eating. Sometimes he just picks on his food but the minute we sit down to lunch he scrambles inside his cage to eat too. It's so cute.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Yep, napping is natural. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay