New home, new husband for Lola.

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

New home, new husband for Lola.

Post by Lauren »

Oh how I miss this forum and hearing of all your bubba chickies! Firstly WELCOME and HELLO to all our new ringies and their owners! Hope to get to know you all soon.

Ive got some news to share with you all. Ive been a lil busy with house hunting lately.

My dad is building an investment property that hes giving to me (and my partner). Wont be getting the keys till alteast christmas time. So were just waiting on it to be built. My younger sister will be moving in too. YAY!

Im loving the estate its being built in! Were only going to be a walk across the road from a huge man made lake and the estate has its own shopping centre. Im trying to get a job there. Fingers crossed.

It will be a big change for us, were only renting a tiny 2 bedroom unit, this will be a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with double garage for my partner!

Dads also giving me his avary. Im thinking of putting Lola out in the avary. Shes not really pet friendly and I think shed be better off as a breeder, she only really 'puts up' with me, she hates any other humans. But Jibby is super tame and loves humans, hes always been very fond of humans, and hes always trying to get some alone time from Lola, poor Jibs cant escape her, even knows that Lola doesnt like my partner and wont be in the same room as him, so Jibby will hang around my partner, coz he knows thats his escape from Lola. LOL. I think hed rather be inside, but he would still get to see Lola if he wanted. So, I will have to get Lola a second husband to live with in the avary and she would have to accept the new man. I just hope I will be able to separate them. Breeding season, they are close and inseparatable. The rest of the year they dont want anything to do with each other. Jibby just seems to want to be alone.

This will all happen next year! I know long way off yet. But thats my plan for the birdies! lol.

Love yas all... now to read up on the news here!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome back!!!

What a great dad you have there....does he do adoptions??....would he like a second daughter??? lol :lol:

I know what you mean about JLola being a nit nasty towards Jibby. My girls are "off limits" when out of breeding season, but come breeding time and they are anybodys lol :roll: :oops:

I hope all goes well and smooth with the move and hope you are able to get a job to. :)

Sounds like a great place with the lake to wake up to everyday. Just imagine all the birds and wildlife they will make it their home to.

I had a chuckle when I read that the "double garage for my partner!" Sounded a bit like HIS section of the house. lol

Good luck with it all.....oh and you will have to post pics to! :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Hiya darlin, have really missed you heaps. Sounds fantastic ! ..

we have actually been thinking of doing the same for our girls. We are looking at buying and investment property in melbourne and letting them rent it on the thought of them eventually owning it. Alot to think about and work out yet.

I think separating them will go just fine, from my experience they adapt very quickly to it, a bit like when you take the bubs for handraising, they seem to adapt very quickly.

All sounds great ! glad to hear life is swimming along nicely for you darlin *hugs*
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I am going to have to have a talk with my dad....I had to buy my own house (and aviary). Sigh......
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

haha, We'll be paying off the mortgage as rent, so its not exactly free! But Im forever grateful to dad because well, I know we couldnt afford our own home for atleast another decade! But this way, its cheap and its a win win on both sides. Im trying not to think of it as mine, its my dads investment! But it does feel good to know I will have a secure place to live atleast for the long term. The house were renting now, was sold, we thought we'd have nowhere to go pretty soon. But the new owner has let us stay on till the new house is built. Soo lucky we got a nice new landlord! :wink:

Oh and yes, DOUBLE GARAGE for the man! I dont ever have to see parts of cars ever again! Hes working on a 'project car'. I just cannot stand the car junk lying around the place! So a double garage was a must! No.. more.. car.. junk! YAY!

Oh I am going to feel so guilty about separating the birds. Theyre starting their little love games already and its not even breeding season yet! Aww!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

wow cool lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!
and if lolas any thing like gen she will love being in an avairy
our guys (kieron orchid riku &gen ) have taken to avairy life like ducks to water! plus since theyve been out there the bird life atracted to there contact calls has to be seen to be believed we have cockies, gang gangs , lorikeets & heaps of others that i cant quite name yet all dropping by to say hello
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

That's cool Lauren 8) . I'm sorry if you already said this above
but what kind of new bird are you getting for inside the house? :)