Greetings and Salutaions, Friends! :D

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Tempest

Greetings and Salutaions, Friends! :D

Post by Tempest »

Hi my name is David.

I reside in Alta Loma, California (15 mins away from the Ontario International Airport and like 45 mins away from Disneyland and Los Angelos). I own one bird at the moment (Used to have 15, all were rescues and died of old aged :cry: ) He is a blue INR that carries the Blue Lace gene (So I am told and his other sibling was a Blue Lace IRN). Anyways, Talon (My IRN) was the first bird I have ever bought and the first ever hand raised bird I have owned. He (Hoping its a "HE" I wont find out for another couple of months unless I DNA sex him) is a year old as of April 15. I am honestky gonna say we bith dont see Eye to eye all the time but that may be due the fact that I have never had a bird that has challenged me like he does but we are working on it. He is a very smart bird (Or atleast in my eyes he is). He knows how to say "Hi Papa!", "Whatcha Doin", "Whats da birdie doing" and "Pa!". As you can tell I do not call Talon by his proper name.... I am, and always have been a nickname kind of guy :D

Here are some pictures of my Monster:

First day home and he flew to my bed :D

I do not feed him sunflower seeds anymore.. this was just what the breeder game me as a go home first time feed... IT wasnt in his dish by the next day trust me... I've seen what those seeds can do

Sorry I dont have really current pictures... I guess I will have to get me some up there :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the forum David and Talon. :)

Talon is a very beautiful bird. And yes, they can be challenging, but that is half the fun! :lol:

I have a Lutino girl that I handraised just over 2 years ago. She is the one who kick started my ringneck fetish. lol After all the bites, hissy fits and chunky skin removal, she is now one of the most affectionate birds I have. Also have a green ringie that I raised last year. He/she is also very affectionate & has not gone through the "bluffing" stage......yet. :P
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Oh god.... that's reassuring. lol The challenge talon gives me is my fault. I didn't give Talon the attention he needed when he was going through his bluffing phase... So as much as I know he still is... I've heard of reports of ringnecks bluffing phases lasting anywhere from a few days to a few months. so.... like I said my fault and now i have to try and correct it... but then again I blame it on the breeder to because I had purchased him before weaning and I didn't get talon till like a month until after his weaning process due to the expense of the breeder. Thus stating he lost some of his tameness because the breeder didn't need to spend as much time with him anymore...
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family to you both :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless