Council trying to ban bird ownership... please take a stand.

Moderator: Mods

Fah

Council trying to ban bird ownership... please take a stand.

Post by Fah »

For full news.com.au story please follow the link:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

This is nothing short of a joke.... overpaid fatcats sitting behind desks devoid of any form of life in their hearts trying to justify their overpaid positions.

It is amazing how the world must be doing really well with no worries or problems going on, that everyone is sitting back without a worry in the world for them to feel this is actually important or legitimate in the slightest for using their time.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Absolutely ludicrous .. lets ban all those blasted dogs that bark and howl all night, those cats (four of them under our house sometimes and we don't own a cat never would) that mew and moan and fight all night. The thing is the birds are asleep at night, but not cats and dogs, they can carry on all night. Funny enough birds are a natural sound during daylight hours. I guess it would be annoying if you were living next to a breeder though. but banning pet birds all together, and most pet birds live Inside houses, not out in aviaries.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Fah

Post by Fah »

There are noise restrictions placed on breeders, which is fair enough, alot get away with it because of clever planning with foliage and design etc, but if you get in trouble with noise you have to reduce your flocks or be very careful of the species you own...

Its the idea of BANNING them that is utterly beyond sensibility... let alone banning pets...

I cant see this lasting too long.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

I think they are going to have a lot on their hands if they do go ahead with this.

I cant imagine bird owners will be willing to give up or get rid of their pets so easily over something ridiculous as noise :evil:
bec

Post by bec »

this is just ridiculous my birds dont make that much noise (well apart from kieron when hes doing his car alarm immitation but thats only when he sees strangers & as has been stated earlier not as loud as a dog
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I would rather listen to chirping "noisy" birds over loud traffic and noisy partygoers, or neighbours any day. Also alot nicer alarm than my alarm clock. :P

My birds do get excited as the sun rises and celebrate the new day with their chatters, but they are far quieter than the reocurrring verbal slanging matches that we put up with here, at least 5 days/week, anywhere between 10pm-4.30am.

I voted NO to their stuipid little "lets shut Mother Nature up" rule. :evil:
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Utterly unbelievable!! What will they think of next?

Mjay

Post by Mjay »

Yeah :evil: What will be next :!: banning dogs and cats in homes :?: as said eariler, dogs can be very noisy, cat's fighting at night are noisy and like Pinkdevil i have the worst neighbours :evil: I bet these people trying to place the ban don't have birds or have ever been interested in them, lets ban their mobile phone's or their luxury cars ect..... for some stupid reason and see how they react, utter ignorance :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
MJAY
bec

Post by bec »

ooh i know it makes me sooooooo mad when people let their cats out at night where we live its supposed to be illegal to let your cats out at night i myself will no longer even let my cats out during the day last time i did my 14 year old cat sabrina took on a brown snake but i have cats screaming and fighting outside all the time