Fah...Do you have a picture of a Male pale Grey Pallid?

Moderator: Mods

sheyd

Fah...Do you have a picture of a Male pale Grey Pallid?

Post by sheyd »

I read on here that you used to breed Greys with some other modifiers making them appear "white" You said that they looked striking with their black rings....I would love to see a picture if you have one?
Fah

Post by Fah »

That particular pair is not mine, previously owned by a good friend of mine. Here you can see what I was talking about.

Its a Grey Pallidino Cock to an Albino hen (possible masking grey).

To recreate this, all you have to do is continually put Grey Pallidino males to albino or creamino hens.

Pallid is linked to ino in regards to males quite heavily, and ino will dilute the pallid colouring each time you put the pallidino to the ino bird.

For example, you can do this with lutino and pallidino birds until you get to the point of a lutino cock bird with a blackishbrown ring.

They will retain a darker eye than a true ino bird as well.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

WOW! That is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.
Fah

Post by Fah »

No worries at all. You can do some rather amazing things with some stunningly simple combinations of cheap mutations. You dont need to spend thousands of dollars on rare ringneck mutations to get something rare visually.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

oh my!! that guy is gorgeous!! I would so love to get one of those! I wonder how much one would cost in the US?