Taming Tips Anyone?

Moderator: Mods

Olenka

Taming Tips Anyone?

Post by Olenka »

I got a rose-ringed parakeet and I still don’t know a gender. The seller says it’s a female, but by the tips ive taken from this page I think it’s a male. According to the seller she’s/he’s 6 months old no specific date. I don’t think she was hand fed or touched in general. I tried to grab her with gloves like someone did but her bite was so powerful it hurts through 2 pairs of gloves. She isn’t clipped so I have to keep her in the cage. She only steps up into a stick and only lets me give her a toy and change her food and water. No physical contact has been made. She will bite me if I do. How do I gain her trust? :-? :-??
AJPeter

Re: Taming Tips Anyone?

Post by AJPeter »

Sit by the cage, as often as you can and talk to her, especially after putting food in, you will know the gender when she starts to lay eggs, or not. gradually open the door and allow her to come out onto the cage eat your meals by the cage and sit on the door of her cage, It take time just be patient,
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If male you will know by two years old. Not All hens lay, only hand reared ones do, mine was aviary hatched and parent reared, she is 9 this year and has Never laid an egg. Gloves terrify them, just allow trust to develop on it's own. Offer treats through the bars, walnut pieces are loved. If you eat your meals next to the cage, eventually curiosity will get the better of her, and she will come down to see if you have a tasty morsel to share. Your bird sounds semi feral, as mine was, it takes a lot of time and patience, but although mine will now climb all over me, hands are a big No No. I can kiss and tickle her with my nose, but fingers are definitely forbidden!.
truck

Post by truck »

To make the bird believe that your finger is the best perch in the world, bribe him with millet
gmail login sign in