my poor little baby

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Dolphinheart

my poor little baby

Post by Dolphinheart »

Well unfortunatley after finding baby after her little flight into the big world and her return flight home and the clipping of wings after such an adventure our little baby after deciding to take another flight went straight up and then fell on the kitchen cabinet. all seemed well - baby showed no signs at firsts of damage never made any noise when we checked bones and wings so thought thanks god for that she is ok.
a few days have passed and she stopped eating as much and stopped using one leg.
We found an avian vet and took her today to find she had a shttered hip - my god how can a little bird not call out in pain specially when handeled??? even by the vet he was amazed.
Anyway my little bay is now in birdie heaven and we have a little bit of a hole in our lives.

Poor Siren is missing i think the noise they shared already -though they never seemed to like to look at each other.

anyway not sure if this is where to put this info but thought i would share more for the idea that soem animals dont show pain - please beaware and learn form our misfortune.
Fah

Post by Fah »

I am very sorry for your loss. It could have been bleeding internally which put pressure on the nerves, making pain almost nothing, if anything.

Sounds terrible, but generally if a bird can feel such a great pain, they die very quickly from stress, even if they are quiet about it. So I hope that is what happened (if hope is the right word) as it would have been the easiest way to pass for the little tiger.

Sadly these things happen, even in aviaries as the young come screaming out of the next box and right into the mesh or metal pole. Not common but they come out with such vigour at young age, with little control. As bubs they can be like tightly wrapped ballls of rubber bands, waiting to bound out.

Hold a nice thought for it in your heart, thats the nicest thing you can do. I am sure, regardless of peoples faith and opinions, the past dont want the present to be upset.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that :(

Animals can be tough little beggars at times, (sometimes being their downfall).

I am not good at wording things like Fah is, but I am thinking of you at this time. :(
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

thanks Pink and Fah
laine

Post by laine »

So sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a much loved fid. Hold on to your nice thoughts of your little friend. I am sure your little baby knew you loved him/her.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Oh my.. I'm so sorry!! I'm sure she died feeling loved and wanted. I know she really was happy with you. *hugs* You did the best you could. *hugs*
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( Oh gosh no! I am so sorry! *Hugs* Thats devastating news! R.I.P Sweetheart. Im sure she knew she was loved and cherished. :( My dearest condolences hun.

*I just moved this thread to Rainbow Bridge for you.*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year