Toilet Training??? Help please!!

Moderator: Mods

Ollie

Toilet Training??? Help please!!

Post by Ollie »

Hi
Am new to site... We have a 3 month old blue ringneck... Ollie... Have had him since he (not sure of sex) was 3 weeks old. We are a family of 7 and all adore Ollie. The only thing we are not loving is him pooing on us all and every where else... We have heard that you can train them to go to the toilet in one place... hopefully back in his cage.... any help would be greatly appreciated... Cheers and Merry Christmas to All.... :lol:
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I had some limited success with potty-training my fid, Skywalker.

When he poops, he does this little "poopy-dance" I call it. Slightly wags his tail, squats, sometimes he'll scoot backwards a step or two, and out comes the turd. All of this is happening in about a 2 second time period. The second I saw him doing the poopy-dance and he was sitting on me or on the furniture or anywhere else I didn't want him to poop, I would immediately pick him up before anything comes out and carry him to some newspaper I laid out in a corner of the floor and give him the poop-now-command. A simple, 2 syllable "go poop" works. When he goes, I praise him lots and give him scritchies. Sky is still learning, but he'll eventually get the hang of it. Not all birds will take to the training. It all depends on the individual. Good luck! Keep us updated.
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

Yes plesae do will be interested in the outcome