Advise about an Alexandrine

Moderator: Mods

Hcloost

Advise about an Alexandrine

Post by Hcloost »

Hello,
i was hoping that there might be somebody on here who could help me. I'm considering buying a 4 month old Alexandrine, but i already own 1 yo Indian Ring neck and am a little worried about how they would get along. If i introduced Alex, would my IRN change dramatically? I love my IRN as he is and hold hope that he won't be too different in his behavior. does anybody have a similar situation? i also want to know what their nose level is like compared to an excited IRN. I live in a quiet area where nose is a concern. any help i can get would be greatly appreciated as we only have day or two to decide.

Thanks for your time,
Hayley
Fah

Post by Fah »

Its all about the birds personalities and the way you make the introductions... Alexandrines and IRN's get along very easily... they can even breed together (area of contention as to being allowed to however).

Just follow some basic introductory steps (like in the other IRN forum sections) and you should go well... just remember... if you give more attention to one bird, it can and often does cause jealousy problems...
sancooldude

Re: Advise about an Alexandrine

Post by sancooldude »

can anybody please tell me difference between alexandrine and indian ring neck..i have one but i dont know which of the above it is..
sancooldude

Post by sancooldude »

and how long will it take for my parrot to settle..i just bought him 5 days back..i dont think its hand tamed cause wenever we enter the room he gets irritated..so please help??
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

The Alexandrine Parrot is larger, tends to be more easy going than the IRN, and has maroon shoulder patches that the IRN lacks.

Lots of info is right here at IRN.com

http://www.indianringneck.com/alexandrine/