A few more creepy crawlies.

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

pinkdevil

A few more creepy crawlies.

Post by pinkdevil »

We just got in stock a new spider and scorpions to sell in our shop.

I can't remember what they are but will find out. I am the bird person not the reptile, insect person :lol:

First up is the spider, she is about 14cm and still has a bit of growing to do. :shock:

Here she is neatly tucked away in her hidy spot. :)

And the Scorpions.....

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

that's so cool! I'd so love an emperor scorpion, but my hubby is mildly afraid of them. :D
Deano

Post by Deano »

Do you need a permit or anything to buy or keep scorpions
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Just looked up Emperor Scorp on line, :shock: they grow to a fair size!

No Deano, Spiders, scorps and stick insects etc you do not need a licience or permit for in NSW & QLD anyway. I think it is the same in all states but not 100% sure.

You thinkin' of gettin' one????? :P :lol: :lol:
delboy

Re: A few more creepy crawlies.

Post by delboy »

like a bloody zoo u are lol all good though i would be like you if i wasent watched :mrgreen:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

lol Delboy.
I must prefer animal company to humans. :roll:
My animal count has actually gone down due to some passing. :( but I am sure when I move to my own place, (one day), the count will go straight back up! :lol: :lol:
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

You know I admire the beauty of the way they are made but when I see a spider every molecule in my body squishes and I have an overwhelming inner gut feeling that I want to RUN. I know they wont hurt me, I know they are more scared of me but all I wanna do is RUN... screaming slightly and peeing my pants! I only have two fears like this... spiders and heights! :oops:
julie

Post by julie »

pretty spider 8) We used to have 11 Australian tarantulas, I was very muchly as lilly described and figured that I could let aaron get spiders because I could get rid of them easier than a snake. It didnt take long for me to get interested in feeding them ect, i ended up putting the crickets in and getting a straw to chase the crickets over for the spider to grab 8) and now Monty is my boy more than aarons (he got his snake for fathers day).
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Shane had a terrible fear of spiders to. I had to relocate any that came into the house. So he thought the best way to overcome his fear was to BUY a pet spider. :shock: Well he got himself a biggish girl, (she was about half grown) and swallowed his fear to feed her. She has since been sold. :lol: He is still scared of spiders and wants to know where they are at all times when one is in the house, but he is not as bad as he was.

The spider I can not stand is the white tail spider. I have seen photos of the infected wounds left after bites, not pretty. And to make it worse, since the recent rains, the house is now full of them. I have killed quite a few big ones and probably around 40-50 baby ones in the last 2 weeks. HATE them!! :evil:
julie

Post by julie »

grab some outdoor surface spray for around the door jams and windows ect. There is a good mortein one in a black can with orange trigger, it lasts for a while and because its sprayed outside the animals are ok. Doing patrols at work tonight there is some pretty big yucky spiders on the road, I thought it was frogs or mice but its huge nasty spiders everywhere :o
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Wow, wonder if the recent rains have flushed them out.

I do have outdoor spider spray in a black can, think it might even be Mortein.
The house we are in is an old one with vent things in the walls. Most of them have the gauze busted or missing, window screens that are bent or broken with gaps underneath and cracks in wall joints, (from previous tenants). We have been here 10 years and still these have not been repaired.....Housing Dept for ya. :roll:

Think I will spray outside the house though, need to get a ladder. lol
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

I would LOVE a spider :!:
my mother is terrified of them though :(
julie

Post by julie »

The ones on one part of the road it looks like a nest may have been disturbed, there was around 50 in a patch :o They are pretty big spiders too.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Would be interesting to know what type of spider they are.