I'm trying to upload to youtube...

Moderator: Mods

SkyBaby

I'm trying to upload to youtube...

Post by SkyBaby »

It's not working. The upload bar hasn't moved in 6 minutes. The video isn't too big, and it's also in a format youtube can read. To make this even more annoying, I'm on cable, which is supposedly faster than DSL. I wondered if my internet froze on me, so I went to see a few other sites even while that youtube thing was uploading (opening the other sites in separate tabs) and the other sites loaded very fast. Any ideas? I really want to get this vid up so all of you can see Sky. He started playing catch with me with this little bead that fell off of one of his toys.
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

it might not be you, it may be youtube
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

robin.s wrote:it might not be you, it may be youtube

True. I'm gonna keep trying. wish me luck :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I had this problem with youtube before, even though I had a good upload speed, it was youtube... and then youtube automatically brought the quality down, my videos are much clearer on my computer than they are on youtube. I wasnt very happy.
Also if you click on something on the site or open a new tab from the site, while your uploading, it may stop uploading your video and you will have to try again. Best to just walk away and come back when its finished. Keep trying, it will eventually upload. Cant wait to see the vid! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
cairnsbirdlady

uploads

Post by cairnsbirdlady »

try getting in thru modzilla firefox , this happened to me and worked when i tried firefox
bb and buddy
SkyBaby

Re: uploads

Post by SkyBaby »

cairnsbirdlady wrote:try getting in thru modzilla firefox , this happened to me and worked when i tried firefox

Firefox is all I use. Thanks for the tip tho! I haven't tried in a long time. I'm gonna try again in a little bit.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

It can seem to take forever and can depend on your computers capabilities as well as the speed of your connection and the size of the file taken from your camera. I had one 2 minute video take about 5 hours to load on youtube and all with no loading bar so I didn't know if it were actually uploading or not! If you can switch your camera to the lowest setting (lower quality) it takes me about 40secs - qualities bad, but sure does beat waiting forever-otherwise I upload (high quality) before going to bed.
cairnsbirdlady

uploads

Post by cairnsbirdlady »

also make sue you use the beta uploader instead of normal uploader, works faster
bb and buddy