Help!!

Moderator: Mods

Samanthahelenah

Help!!

Post by Samanthahelenah »

Hi there.

I was reading the forums before I ask this question. So I bought a new Indian ringneck its 11 weeks old the store told me he's handfed. So first problem he doesn't wanna come out of the cage he bites and tries to get away from me. I was reading about the bluffing stage and read that it's normal for them to do that so now my question is I don't say anything to the bird and I tried to grab it and take it out of the cage even if it bites me I still grab it is this good? Once it's on my shoulder it's fine. But I have a hard time catching it I don't wanna scare the bird but at the same time I want it to get that attention from me on my shoulder talking to it and walking around with it. Just wanna ask if I should continue to grab it twice a day for 30 min for interaction? It only bites when I try to grab it, which I ignore
. Sorry for the long Message I'm trying to explain what it does just worried he or she won't warm up to me it ignores treats when I'm trying to get it out of the cage. I have a play stand on top of the cag
sanjays mummi

Re: Help!!

Post by sanjays mummi »

Grabbing your bird is The Worst thing you can do!!, Of Course you get bitten!, your bird is saying No! Back Off!. Don't be so impatient. ^#(^
Samanthahelenah

So if I never grab it how am I supposed to tame it then???
Samanthahelenah

When he's out of the cage he will step up on my finger but to get him out is not easy that's what I meant once he's out it's okay