Is he testing 'lola'?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Is he testing 'lola'?

Post by Lauren »

Ive only noticed this in the last couple of days.. whenever Lola starts to preen, Jibby moves over to her and looks like he wants to 'help' and makes little love sounds. But then he pins his eyes and then trys to bite Lolas toes and she growls at him? :shock: Usually after they have been doing their little 'love games', he will try this. It doesnt look like he has biten her toes yet. But I am worried it might happen.
Lola is usually the dominant one, but she seems to be letting Jibby get closer and closer, but still tells him 'thats close enough!' and grumbles/puffs up when hes too close though. Kissies from Jibby she will take but she is not comfortable with preening yet. I can see Jibby really wants to get closer, but the only part he can get to his Lolas tail and will preen it quickly when shes not looking! :lol:
He has always had a 'thing' for other birds toes, he'd always go for the tiels toes when he was a young and once bit next doors budgies toe when we birdysitted once, we didnt even know he was out of the cage (he used to be an escape artist). I felt terrible for the poor budgie!
How do I stop him doing this? Is he testing her? He seems to be 'trying' to get closer to her alot lately. Should I just let them be? Lola seems to put him back in his place quickly enough.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year