Post by Newcastle »

2 Bird Family
Ki-Ki (Female White-face Tiel)
Nacho (baby male Lutino)
Mojito (male-green IRN) RIP
countrygal_cc

:-)

Post by countrygal_cc »

Hello I saw this video earlier today when on you tube typing on indian ringneck parrots I always like to see new things. I see your bird likes the pops is it ok to give them this? I haven't read it is good let me know cause if so I will give cupcake one... By the way I love green.
Park outside where the air is cool...
Amélia

Post by Amélia »

So we can't say for certain if it's "GOOD" to give them popsicles or not. I think almost anything in moderation is fine. We don't over load him by any means with artifical foods like that. I would think that every now and then is fine. As you can see, we make Mojito "earn" his. Hope Cupcake enjoys them as much as Mojito does! :D
Mojito (Male Green IRN)
Ki Ki (Female White Face Tiel)
Amélia

Post by Amélia »

Also this weekend, I am going to blend some fruits together and freeze the blend in small ice trays for him, that way he can have a tasty treat that is good for him.
Mojito (Male Green IRN)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

yeaa!!!!!!!!!!! i saw your post when you discovered he could do this. very VERY nice work! hes a clever little birdy ^^ i wanna teach my fid fun stuff :(

does your fid go nuts after hes eaten the icepop? our fid drank something he shudnt have before - spose to be deadly but it didnt kill him - and he went insane from a sugar buzz ><
Amélia

Post by Amélia »

Thank you, he is clever. I'm trying to teach him to speak, but am not sure if he's too old.:) He is pretty calm, and surprisingly calm even after the Popsicle. I'm going to try to teach him more using the popsicle as a reward and will keep you all posted as we go.
Mojito (Male Green IRN)
countrygal_cc

Trick?

Post by countrygal_cc »

yea please keep me posted if this does work and if so I will try it tell me do you give the bird the pop cold or do you leave it down a little bit let me know. I am trying to learn cupcake to talk too what are you trying to learn yours to say, how often do you talk to your bird and after you talk to your bird you then give a little bit of the pop?
Park outside where the air is cool...
albino

Post by albino »

Tooooo cute ;)
QueBob and Julie
Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

Such a great video! What a smart bird!!!