Is KuKoo - Male or Female- Please help

Moderator: Mods

vgonline

Is KuKoo - Male or Female- Please help

Post by vgonline »

The shopkeeper, from where i bought 'kukoo' last week told me it is a male. Can any one tell me the gender ? ? ? . Also he/she has never made any sound in the past 7 days...not even a normal bird sound = i am afraid now..but kukoo eats well ! see the snap

ImageImage :(
Briony

Post by Briony »

how old is s/he?

looks way to young to be showing a ring yet as the ring (if its male) wont come out till its about 2 years old :)
Fah

Post by Fah »

Heya, unfortunately... no matter how good the guesser is, or how long someone has been breeding them, noone will be able to do more other than do pure guesswork as to what sex your bird is without either 1) DNA sex test, or 2) wait out roughly 2 years for a ring.

In pet birds, their natures are so closely formed between male and female, that even people like myself, breeding IRN's for years has simply led to good guessing.

To do that good guessing heh, you sorta need to be around the bird, watch it etc... a photo can not represent a birds nature.

Looks wise... they are impossible to set appart at youth.
vgonline

Post by vgonline »

thanks guys...shop keeper told me it is 6 months old
julie

Post by julie »

vgonline wrote:thanks guys...shop keeper told me it is 6 months old

yep definitely too young to tell. Some people will say a ringneck is a male to get people to buy them.