Very stressed, please please advice needed

Moderator: Mods

rioblu2017

Very stressed, please please advice needed

Post by rioblu2017 »

Hi to everyone,
I was confident and doing very well until today and have suddenly found myself totally stumped and lost as to what I need to do now :(

I've been hand raising my INR seen she was around 26 days old and is now 46 days old. Feeding have gone upside down, housing has gone upside down everything just seems to have stumped me totally.
Since I got her she has eaten 25-30CC formula 4-5 times daily and is now on the same amount 4 times daily along with some soft cooking veg I have introduced. She weighed in at 133gm yesterday but today has dropped to 129gm. She been gaining weight steadily since I have her. I keep her in a an insulation box with the top open and plastic windows. The temp is as of now 27-28 with a regular red bulb (not a heating lamp). She is also fully feathered now and purching on a training purch a couple of centimeters off the bottom.

Here's why I'm completely stumped! I have read read read everything and talked with breeders, keepers etc. at this age my INR seems to weigh a lot more than the average, she eats wa way more in one feed then anything I've read?! Am I keeping her warmer than she needs to be? I'm scared of letting the temp go down even slightly! Should she be in a cage now? Am I feeding her too often? She generally goes happily on a 6 hour between feeds schedule with 8 hours over night. I really don't know what steps to take next and what changes to make if any, feels like we are 'stuck' and not moving forward.

I would really appreciate everyone's input on this as I cannot stress just how badly confused I am right now :( I'm even wondering if she is a INR?! Due to her being heavier etc and her beak has no sign of red at all :(((((

Thank you
demo1312

Re: Very stressed, please please advice needed

Post by demo1312 »

does your bird seem ok?, if the bird isnt stressed seems healthy and it is being normal, you might be overthinking it. :D
rioblu2017

Post by rioblu2017 »

demo1312 wrote:does your bird seem ok?, if the bird isnt stressed seems healthy and it is being normal, you might be overthinking it. :D
Yes definitely fine :) and very happy! I know I'm overthinking it but I can't help but feel that we should be moving on to the next step and stuck with the routine we have now?! I hope that makes sense. Thank you so much for replying :)
rioblu2017

Post by rioblu2017 »

An adequate photo I managed to post :-/
Attachments
Not great lighting
Not great lighting
IMG_9524.JPG (52.25 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Aww! What a cute little chickster! :-bd