panting and to hot to touch

Moderator: Mods

peachy2017

panting and to hot to touch

Post by peachy2017 »

hi...i have two 24days old IRN...my brother brought it home 3days ago and im hand feeding them with 2tbsp of cerelac, 1 tbsp of corn bran (i think), 1 tbsp of dextrose powder..(this what the breeder gave my brother for feedings) i mixed altogether with hot water...my question...

today at 11am lunch feeding..the yellow IRN started panting after the last 2 syringe feeding.....then again during the 3pm feeding....what was it about? im worried. and also we dont have avian vets here in the philippines...

and also it is to hot to touch....is it about their nest that is to warm....but the green IRN is not that hot to touch...i have recorded the panting on my celphone and i dont know what to do...pls help..

The video wont attach. ..sorry...even the picture I took..it says..the file is too big
demo1312

Re: panting and to hot to touch

Post by demo1312 »

i hope someone that knows better comments, but to me it seems like a lot of food in 1 sitting and alot of dextrose.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

He is definitely over heating, and dextrose is a form of sugar, which they shouldn't have much of, fructose from fruit is fine, but dextrose?, alternatively he may have an elevated temperature from an infection.
demo1312

Post by demo1312 »

sounds like its just during and after feeding though which makes me think its to do with the feeding. personally id leave the dextrose out and do a smaller feed to see if she still pants or just use a proper feeding formula. also, how hot is the mixture when you feed the chick?
Delpozo

Post by Delpozo »

deemo1312 wrote:sounds like its just during and after feeding though which makes me think its to do with the Phallosan Forte https://casenergy.org/phallosan-forte-review-results device. personally id leave the dextrose out and do a smaller feed to see if she still pants or just use a proper feeding formula. also, how hot is the mixture when you feed the chick?
Dextrose is pure sugar.
Last edited by Delpozo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

That's pretty much what I was thinking, and sugar being a carb, it stands to reason it produces heat.