bloodshot eyes?

Moderator: Mods

chipossesue

bloodshot eyes?

Post by chipossesue »

Hi friends-
As a new member Ive learned much from this site; I hope to use your col Iective wisdom to shed light on a new concern.
My 14 wk old blue,"Bodhi", seems to have bloodshot eyes ;I noticed this a few days ago and I can't say for sure when this began,tho his vet did not mention it at his exam 3 weeks ago, and she is thorough!
The sclera (whites) of both eyes are pinkish but on close look you can see its a network of tiny bloodvessels that are visible. He isnt squinting; there's no discharge and no discomfort.The pupils are fine.He is otherwise totally normal in appearance and behavior.
I live in the mountains and it is dusty here this time of year.I have a HEPA air purifier running 24/7 and change filter often; this cuts down on but doesnt eliminate the dust inside.I dont use sprays etc near him.
Do I worry? I will go to the vet if really recommended but-having just spent more on his post-purchase vet visit than it cost me to get him- Id prefer to hold off if possible and safe.Any input is greatly appreciated !
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

im sure that ive seen Spits eyes looking the same. I've just looked now... his pupils are like :shock: atm haha so its hard to see... but theres his iris which is blue then around that it looks pinky cus theres loads of tiny tiny blood vessels, and then theres his orangy eye lids. It looks worse if he starts to pin his eyes and your close and can see. I've seen a few photos of people's birds on here too and theirs looks the same so i've never worried. I'm sure its just common and normal though.

somebody tell me if im wrong
Bella

Post by Bella »

Billy is the same normally worse when he is tired or just woke up :)
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I think the eyes can get a lil bloodshot sometimes, like ours do when were tired. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year