3 month old INR. " Emoji"

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Emoji

3 month old INR. " Emoji"

Post by Emoji »

Hello everyone, my name is Terri.
My long awaited baby finally arrived 5 days ago after a months of waiting. He is doing really well, stepping up,loves to be with us and has really been calm and happy. My concern is the breeder weaned him on mostly seed. He is eating Higgins safflower seed mix along with Harrison's pelllets( I don't think he eats the pellets at all). Any advice on how to switch him to pellets only so I can use seeds an such for treats and avoid him being a seed only kinda guy??
romanxdsouza

Re: 3 month old INR. " Emoji"

Post by romanxdsouza »

I have a similar problem....my alexandrian 2months is stuck on exact formula......doesnt except....chana dal , carrot,peas,coli,sunflower seeds,spinach,almonds, ...he still cammot bite properly .....trying easily available foods first used at home then will try fruits....im trying to get him to eat sunflower seed which is my main aim to train him....any suggestion
sanjays mummi

Re: 3 month old INR. " Emoji"

Post by sanjays mummi »

They prefer fruit and veg which contain seeds, papaya, peppers, sweet corn, my bird would Never eat carrot etc, peas in the pod are great for foraging too, and walnut halves preferred to almonds.