Introducing Teresartist and Kiwi!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Teresartist

Introducing Teresartist and Kiwi!

Post by Teresartist »

Hi, I am new. I am the proud foster parent of an older Blue Indian Ringneck named Kiwi. He is a wonderful, sweet bird and he is still surprising me with things he knows how to say. I do not know what became of his past owners, but someone did a wonderful job rearing him, as his disposition is so warm and kind. He seems to be adjusting to his new home, which is actually a small private art school. There are never more than five students there at any one time. He seems to know that my students are children and he has been very entertaining. He has brought a great deal of joy to children during his first week with us. I have never seen some of my students so happy, including some that have autism. I am going into work earlier than ever before and staying later, since he has come into my life. I miss him when I am not there. It seems sad not to bring him home with me, but I probably never will, as I have a couple of cats. I have been a parrot owner in the past, so I know something about birds in general, but not much about his specific breed, so I am so happy to have found this forum where I hope to learn more. -Teresartist
sanjays mummi

Re: Introducing Teresartist and Kiwi!

Post by sanjays mummi »

Welcome, they are wonderful therapy, there is a female prison here in the UK, they have rescued parrots, and the prisoners who work with them are self harmers, the psychology of this is brilliant, because many rescued parrots self harm, the prisoners learn how their families worry in the same way They worry about their feathered charges. Kiwi is a wonderful addition for your autistic children :-bd
Teresartist

Re: Introducing Teresartist and Kiwi!

Post by Teresartist »

Thanks so much for your encouragement. My reply is very late. Now I have been Kiwi's foster parent for 6 months. You are so right in that he is amazing with children and some respond to him who don't respond that well with people. He is still a joy to us all in the little art school. :D