new Indiana ringneck

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

David1974

new Indiana ringneck

Post by David1974 »

hello new to this got loads of other exotic pets. i just got my new friend the other day i am not completely happy with the cage i don't think its big n a nought in my opinion. the bird is meant to be around 4 months it was a deal where i got a cage with the animal i think they where just trying to make a quick buck really. what size should the cage be because I've been looking around to buy a new one. and I've been reading some of the post saying that bird should be let out every day but how do you get back in to cage without handling the bird because i read the shock could kill the bird and it doesn't know me yet so its not going to come to me yet and i don't want to corse any stress. thanks david
sanjays mummi

Re: new Indiana ringneck

Post by sanjays mummi »

As big as you can afford, but small enough for you to clean thoroughly without help, Sanjay has a Liberta Voyager 2nd edition,
Ok, after your bird has had time to acclimatise and is relaxed around you, you can start letting him out whilst you clean the cage (daily), take all the old food and water out, after about an hour or so, put fresh food and water in, your bird should go back into the cage , if not straight away, when he is feeling peckish.I tempt Sanjay by placing a walnut half on the perch I've attached to the inside of the cage door, when he picks up the walnut half, I know he's ready to go in, he even makes a noise that sounds like "thank you".
You can get some good deals online with Liberta, Sanjays cage was reduced from £220.00 to £180.00 and came with three free parrot toys. :-bd