Couple alex can talk? If they are together?

Moderator: Mods

uday1712

Couple alex can talk? If they are together?

Post by uday1712 »

I have bought a pair of alex male and female. They are 6 week old. At present they are together. Some of my friends said they will not talk if they are together. So can anyone guide me please? And can I give them baby cerelac? you can chck them on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbO6VrYeyM0 . And how to teach them not to bite.
sanjays mummi

Re: Couple alex can talk? If they are together?

Post by sanjays mummi »

I had a pair of fischers lovebirds when I was stationed in Germany and they never talked, also, birds don't always talk if they have a mirror, However, on YouTube there are pairs of IRN's which talk so maybe there are exceptions.
I'm not sure about celeriac, because IRN's prefer veg which has seeds, they also love sweet corn, when Sanjay talks, it is quietly, sometimes I have to listen really hard, to catch what he is saying.
uday1712

Post by uday1712 »

Can I give them a bath ? If yes how?
This is the latest video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO6I43wnEuQ
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Some owners shoulder ride their birds into the shower with them, others give them a bowl of shallow water to bath in, but I prefer the misting bottle method, to which I add a few drops of organic rosewater and glycerin to condition the skin and prevent scaly foot, sometimes I dry Sanjay with a warm, not hot hairdryer.
uday1712

Post by uday1712 »

I am giving them cerelac now with warm water. Is it the proper way?
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

They sound too young to have left their breeder, Sanjay was 8 Weeks when I got him and he was eating solid food, so I really can't advise you on this, there may be answers somewhere else on these boards.
uday1712

Post by uday1712 »

Thanks