general progress!!!!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

bec

general progress!!!!

Post by bec »

general did something cute today i was trying to put him to bed (never an easy task as it means he has to be seperated from his friend "mirror bird") so usually involves some sedate calm chasing him round the room in slow motion till hes ready for the biting session before i place him in the cage well tonight it was different
as usual during the chase he was perching in all the high places so i cant reach him , he landed on the top of my dressing table mirror and wobbled then slipped
ithen he fell behind the mirror not far after about a second his head popped up he looked at me :shock: in shock and lost his footing & slid right down to the ground behind the dresser (dont worry no damage at all to him )

i moved i pulled the dresser away from the wal( this is the amazing bit) turned on the bedroom light and looked in General calmly waddled over to the point where i could pick him up easily and sat waiting i checked him over thoroughly (not even a feather out of place :) ) and then HE SNUGGLED IN TO THE CROOK OF MY ARM!!!!!!!!! :shock: SO I JUST LET HIM SIT THERE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND PATTED HIM!!! he realy seemed to enjoy it the look on his face was like pure bliss and he didnt even try to bite me once!!!
when i put him in his cage he just jumped off my arm and went strait to the food bowl (typical little piggy)
i know ill never forget the date of the first time general let me touch him without turning me into a pin cushion
what a wonderful birthday ive had :D :D :D :D :D :D
p.s. ive had him 2 weeks
Bella

Post by Bella »

Wow thats great :D such a clever guy and i hope you both had agreat day :) :) :) :)
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

lol How funny is that. The minute the big bad dressing table mirror tried to eat him up and who does he run to????.....MUMMY!! :lol: :lol:

In a way that is so sweet. He knows he can go to you for comfort if he is scared. :D Totally kool!!! :D :D

8)
bec

Post by bec »

didnt work for too long though
the next night he took his first realyy big chunk out of my finger but his getting better his not totaly freaking out when my hands are in the cage now just when i have to put him to bed i am looking for ward to having a day where i cant just sit in the rom with him & try some more hand taming games
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

lol maybe you caught him in a "weak" moment lol :P :P

8)
bec

Post by bec »

sounds about right :roll:
but the fct tht he snuggled once gives me hope for more cuddly dys
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

I think thats great after only 2 weeks I've had My African Grey for 9 months and she just started to let me give her neck and head scritches. She finally starting to come around but then again she's a rescue and was badly abused before I got her so when I look at it that way 9 months is good it could have taken years. We still have a very long way to go but she is starting to become a pet again.