PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Moderator: Mods

rick_s0910

PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Post by rick_s0910 »

Hi everyone!

A couple months ago, I bought a DNAd "female Pallidino" which I know isn't possible. After being unable to convince the store owner that it couldn't be female and pallidino, I still decided to buy him/her. Worst case scenario, she could be a beautiful looking Pallid Grey-green. Well, he has started doing male displays and I just found HIS first pink neck feather! Here's my question... Since I've never actually seen a PallidIno, I'm having trouble figuring out if he's a normal Pallidino or a Grey-green PallidIno. His parents are Lutino x Pallid hen. I wonder if his dad is actually masking Grey. Is he Pallidino at all?

Kappa

Re: PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Post by Kappa »

G'Day Rick,
You're right on the money with this bird. I agree that he is a greygreen pallidino, and the pairing proves this. Under normal circumstances a lutino cock can't produce a pallid cock, and a pallid hen can only produce split cocks. The in between lutino and pallid phenotype is all the proof you need that he is a pallidino. The father could be masking grey or the hen could be a grey series pallid.

Cheers,
Kappa.
rick_s0910

Re: PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Post by rick_s0910 »

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Kappa! I had a feeling he was a Grey-green PallidIno, but I had that little doubt, and it was driving me nuts.