NEED HELP! Indian ringneck head bobbing??

Moderator: Mods

Skyeerica

NEED HELP! Indian ringneck head bobbing??

Post by Skyeerica »

So! I recently got a new Indian ringneck, about 4 days ago to be exact! Basically at first the breeder said he would be okay on pellets and seed.. but wasn't eating, so I went and got some hand rearing food from the pet store I work at.
He has taken to the spoon, a little too well! I cannot walk past his cage without constant noise and head bobbing, have already fed him four times today, I'm not exactly sure on his age assume around the 10-12 weeks as he is recently fully feathered.
This is my first ringneck, and I've done a lot of research on the breed and plan on doing a lot of extensive clicker training with him, just trying to figure out this behaviour.. currently a dog trainer so this is a little new to me haha!

Please any advice is welcome, the head bobbing is looking like it's going to give him a huge headache before long :))
sanjays mummi

Re: NEED HELP! Indian ringneck head bobbing??

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay was younger when I got him, eight Weeks to be exact, and he was weaned!. Seed and pellets are not enough, your chickster needs fresh fruit and vegetables. Sanjay is seven years old, and still bobs his head if he knows he is getting a treat!