pallid-ino male x blue female

Moderator: Mods

meong

pallid-ino male x blue female

Post by meong »

Greetings from Manila, Philippines. Can somebody tell me, what can i get from pairing a pallid-ino male from blue female. Tnx!!!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi Meong, welcome to the group.

Breeding results as follows:

Green Pallidino male x Blue hen
=25% Green split Albino(Blue Lutino) males
=25% Green split Blue Lacewing(Pallid) males
=25% Lutino split Blue hens
=25% Lacewing split Blue hens

Besides being attractive birds, Pallidinos are very versatile when breeding basic mutations, as you can see from the breeding results above. I'm a big fan of Pallidinos.
Last edited by Jay on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meong

Thank you!

Post by meong »

:P I've been viewing this forum since last year. This is my first time to post and thank you for your reply. Actually my Pallidino male x blue female laid 5 eggs last january and its their firts time. And they hatched 3 eggs and almost two months now. I've got a green, a lutino and a pallid i guess. I'm not sure about the mutation of the last. Visually its color is darker than its father. Hope you can tell me why there's a visual pallid on my clutch. Thank you again! :P
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi again,

I went back at the Punnett square notes and noticed that I had mistyped one of the results and corrected it accordingly.

Because of the excellent pairing and the genetics of the parents, every single baby form that clutch can be sexed visually with no DNA required.

Green baby = guaranteed male and split Blue and can either be split Pallid or Lutino

Lutino baby = guaranteed female and split Blue

Pallid baby = guaranteed female and split Blue
meong

great!!!!

Post by meong »

Thank you depois do prazer, your such a great gift from heaven. :) How can i know if my green male will be a split blue, pallid or lutino? if im going to keep my green male. Which mutation should i paired him to get a best result visually? Again iv got anonther pair a lutino/albino male(is that possible) x green female. Now they also had 3 chicks 1 green and two lutino. Can you tell me what the exact mutation of the 3 babies. Thank you!
Jay

Re: great!!!!

Post by Jay »

meong wrote:Thank you depois do prazer, your such a great gift from heaven. :)

You are too kind :D Am just happy I can breed birds and be able to help.

How can i know if my green male will be a split blue, pallid or lutino?

He is guaranteed split Blue but has a 50/50 chance of being split to Pallid or Lutino. One or the other... not both.

if im going to keep my green male. Which mutation should i paired him to get a best result visually?

Green/Blue/Pallid or Green/Blue/Lutino males are excellent breeding birds and can produce excellent colors even when paired to a plain Green hen as visual Pallids or Lutino hen babies can be produced.

lutino/albino male(is that possible)

Lutino/Albino is not possible since Albino=Blue Lutino. Your male bird is probably a Lutino/Blue since it is not possible for even a male bird to carry three chromosomes of the same gene. The max would be two for the same color gene.

Now they also had 3 chicks 1 green and two lutino. Can you tell me what the exact mutation of the 3 babies. Thank you!

Lutino/Blue male x Green hen
=Green/Lutino males
=Green/Blue/Lutino males
=Lutino hens
=Lutino/Blue hens

"/" symbol signifies split

All the visual Lutinos are females and all the visual Greens are males.

Hope that helps.