Attacking phone

Moderator: Mods

Tetly

Attacking phone

Post by Tetly »

Hi all,

I was wondering something - when I play videos of other IRN's to my Blu, he attacks my phone and will even fly to it if it is far away from (and sometimes growls). If he is sleepy, he will ignore it, so this usually happens when he is full of energy (and usually it is really hard to handle him in that 'mode'). Is this a normal behavior? He is an aviary raised bird so he should be used to other birds. Has anyone else experienced this?
sanjays mummi

Re: Attacking phone

Post by sanjays mummi »

No, but I can tell you he is being Very territorial!, and it upsets him to think his new territory is being trespassed upon.
Lady-E

Post by Lady-E »

when I saw this thread I just saw ours hating any phone he can reach, specially mine lol he even started hissing on mine when he attacked it lol
this is what he does with phone and he was hanging like this lifted up and swinging around lol
nicolem

Post by nicolem »

Ha! My birds are also incredibly suspicious of my phone. Maybe it's an IRN thing? I'm a true millenial so it's not even like I'm talking on it that much.... :lol: Ollie is mostly indifferent to it, but Marcel will spot it from a mile away and just wants to chew on it.It doesn't seem to be an attack from fear or anger...he's just very curious about it and needs to get his beak on it. I'm just sad that it makes it very difficult to get pics and videos of my boys!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Obviously technophobes! :-bd
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

On British Television I recorded a clip of the Dawn chorus and played it back to my hen Alex to let her know it was alright to call, but she got very jealous and attacked ME! However the good out come was she started to call again, and when the Canadian Geese fly past she is all for joining them and gets quite agitated that they do not answer her calls! She does not mind the phone and will sit for hours listening the answer phones messages. When l talk to some one she is all for joining in with her own conversation!