please help me

Moderator: Mods

kimmy82

please help me

Post by kimmy82 »

Hi so I bought my first ever Indian ringneck 3 months old this week and was told he was tame .
Well he came Monday night and frightened but I understand that I've place him in the living room so I'm with him most of the day I talk to him all the time but he's still so scared . He just hides at the back of cage when I try get close . I have made a little process as I can now get in the room for him to stay on perch . I was told by the guy I got him from I shouldg st him out and put him on training stick well I did this he hates it but I did manage to get him a little used to it and back into his cage after being out all day yesterday and last night ONLY while I was eating did he stay on his perch with me in front then after back hiding in corner again.
I don't know what to do peoplek keep sayingt treats will work but he won't even eat his food while I'm close let alone take it from me . Any help will do please just so I can get him used to me enough just to not be so scared in his cage
sanjays mummi

Re: please help me

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay was aviary hatched and parent reared, and he was eight Weeks old when I got him, he was scared too, so I left him alone and just talked to him, and did the absolute necessary, he wouldn't eat he was so scared, after a few days he began to settle down, after a few Weeks he would accept a walnut half from me through the bars, give it time.