Plz identify the violet mutation

Moderator: Mods

simrans

Plz identify the violet mutation

Post by simrans »

#:-s Dear experts! I have attached some pics of a cock and hen having violet in their plumage. In one pic the cock is with 3 chicks. Seller claims that all 3 chicks are df violet. I haven't seen them personally. Plz comment on their mutation. Two chicks are without tails seem df violet and one with a tail looks turquoise cobalt to me, though I'm not expert. Plz help me in identifying the mutation. Pics might be taken indoor and a little edited too.
Attachments
Only chick with tail
Only chick with tail
IMG-20160918-WA0000.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
Violet Dad and pallid violet mom
Violet Dad and pallid violet mom
Violet Dad with 3 chicks 9 months old
Violet Dad with 3 chicks 9 months old
Kappa

Re: Plz identify the violet mutation

Post by Kappa »

The last photo says it all. The 2 chicks with no tails are definitely df violet, and the other is a sf violetblue.
simrans

Post by simrans »

Thank you Kappa for your time and reply :ymapplause: . Actually I was a bit confused about the one that is sf violet blue because the breeder sent me 2 copies of the same pic and the other copy dipicts a cobalt or turquoise like colour. Plz see the other copy too. Btw I dropped the sf one and bought the other two. Also I thought that if one chick is cobalt among them then others can be cobalt violet instead of df violets. Also, their age seems to be like 4 to 6 months instead of 9 months. Keeping in view the attached pic of parents plz shed some light on the issue. Regards
Attachments
Maybe without editing
Maybe without editing
Kappa

Post by Kappa »

Looking at the parents, from the photos, they both appear to be sf violets.

All the photos with chicks seem to be taken with flash, which doesn't give a true representation of their colour. Turquoise is not evident in either parent, and therefore the chicks can't be turquoise either. The flash could be giving this appearance.

As for your question about cobalt, yes violet cobalt can be difficult to pick from df violet at times, but I don't believe either parent is carrying the dark factor, so cobalt can be ruled out.