both kinds of fids are playing the clown!!!!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

bec

both kinds of fids are playing the clown!!!!

Post by bec »

larissa has been sick again so we had to spend 2 hours in pathology getting more tests done on her today & while the air con there was lovely we were very glad to get home as the birds were locked in their cage & the fans were on in the lounge we let the dog (a samoyed named max) and the cats sabrina, bolt & bippo in for some attention time well not sure if the heat was getting to them all or if they were just trying to cheer us up but both the feathered kids & the furry kids were in top form entertainment wise first max stood at the base of the cage & started barking when we looked over we saw that riku was trying to dive head first into the tiny water bowl that came with the cage she was getting her whole head under water the coming out and sahiking the water over max them he would try to catch all the drops and when she had finished he'd bark again till she did it again as she really looked like she was trying to fit her whole body in the bowl(of course ignoring the bird size bowl i bought just for this purpose :? ) i got up and asked if she wanted squirts to which she did her "oh yes yes squirt me dance!!!) so i did then max felt left out & i had to squirt him too much to his (very noisy) delight
after this calmed down i sat down with a coffee & the squirt bottle (i am always armed when the cats are in the lounge room)
my cat bolt sat down next to me so i patted him he went into loves overdive and was making the most of having all my attention when all of a sudden kieron flew at the front of the cage screeching a decclaration of war on this horrible furry thing that had the audacity to touch his pet person apparently he is of the opinion that just because hes not ready for me to touch him doesnt mean he has to share my affections with a lowly cat :twisted: well bolt spun at the noise & launched off the couch toward the offending noise only to be cut down mid launch by a jet of water (i am always ready for this possibilty ) well bolt landed on the floor looked totaly disgusted by my actions & stormed out to the kitchen :evil: in a huff and then kieron talked to me in a nicer kind of tone so i yet again offered him a slice of apple HE TOOK IT!!!!! :shock: admittidly he did lunge to take it but the next piece he ate as i held it for him and he let me pat his tail
after the stress of the last few days with larissas mystery illness and tests almost daily it was so nice to just sit down and let the pets give us all an afternoon of togetherness & laughter :D :D :D :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Nothing like animals to help brighten a day!!

:)
bec

Post by bec »

they do! they realy do! :D kierons still taking food off me & letting me pat his tail, but only thru the side of the cage but i figure that he has been in an avairy for 6 months before i got him (that i know of) its all gunna be baby steps and if i push him i may push him away i am getting to know the pose that says "your at the edge of my comfort zone, come no closer" and with the cage bers between us i can almost get close enough to give him a kiss! at the door of the cage when its open i can get within a foot of him as long as my hands are behind my back