my IRN is sick ....please do not ignore this thread

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Amna Hamid

my IRN is sick ....please do not ignore this thread

Post by Amna Hamid »

please do not ignore this post i need help my IRN is sick ... he suffers from fever please suggest any precatuion or medicine ... there is no veterian available here
shanc21

Re: my IRN is sick ....please do not ignore this thread

Post by shanc21 »

How do you know he has fever? What are his symptoms?

Is he fluffed, unkempt looking, sitting on the bottom of the cage, eating ok? Do his poops look normal. I know these are some things to look for in a sick bird.

Unfortunately birds hide illness as long as they can so if you can tell they are sick, they may be pretty sick. If it is at all possible to get your bird to a vet, I would recommend it.

Short of that, supportive care for a sick bird is to reduce stresses as much as possible, make sure they are warm enough, make sure they have food that is easy to eat and digest and that they will eat. I've heard my vet say they have a hospital room for sick birds at their clinic that they keep in the 80's. If you can add an additional heat source that is safe, that is good - I've put a heating pad under part of the cage before - not the whole thing, so they can move away to the cooler side if they get too hot. Make sure there are no drafts blowing on them. Millet is easy to eat and digest and preferred by many birds, so that may be a good choice if eating is a problem.

I lost my 17 year old Lovebird when she got sick over the weekend and I could not get her to the vet. She went down fast. She had pneumonia :( I know how upsetting it can be.

I'm sorry you and your bird are going through this. I hope your bird feels better soon.
Amna Hamid

Re: my IRN is sick ....please do not ignore this thread

Post by Amna Hamid »

shanc21 wrote:How do you know he has fever? What are his symptoms?

Is he fluffed, unkempt looking, sitting on the bottom of the cage, eating ok? Do his poops look normal. I know these are some things to look for in a sick bird.

Unfortunately birds hide illness as long as they can so if you can tell they are sick, they may be pretty sick. If it is at all possible to get your bird to a vet, I would recommend it.

Short of that, supportive care for a sick bird is to reduce stresses as much as possible, make sure they are warm enough, make sure they have food that is easy to eat and digest and that they will eat. I've heard my vet say they have a hospital room for sick birds at their clinic that they keep in the 80's. If you can add an additional heat source that is safe, that is good - I've put a heating pad under part of the cage before - not the whole thing, so they can move away to the cooler side if they get too hot. Make sure there are no drafts blowing on them. Millet is easy to eat and digest and preferred by many birds, so that may be a good choice if eating is a problem.

I lost my 17 year old Lovebird when she got sick over the weekend and I could not get her to the vet. She went down fast. She had pneumonia :( I know how upsetting it can be.

I'm sorry you and your bird are going through this. I hope your bird feels better soon.

thank you for reply.... he is not activie as he was before... and he is not eating his food today and look like a lzay and sleepy bird that s why i think he is sick so now please you sugest mn any precatuion or medicine for his ..