Rescued Bird - trying to identify mutation

Moderator: Mods

shanc21

Rescued Bird - trying to identify mutation

Post by shanc21 »

Hi,

I recently found an IRN that escaped or was let go. So I know nothing about her background - I'm guessing it's a mature female, but I suppose it's possible it's a young bird of either sex. She is some sort of blue mutation. She is a blue with a lot of green in it - turquoise maybe? Her irises appear blue gray to me. She has a lighter blue very faint neck ring that is more of true blue than a green blue. Reading about blue mutations is confusing - Is this Turquoise or Blue or something else? Here are some pics. Thanks for any help.

BTW these pics were taken right after we found her - we were on vacation and the only cage available was this tiny thing from Walmart - It was totally temporary and she is in a much more comfortable cage now.

Molossus2

Re: Rescued Bird - trying to identify mutation

Post by Molossus2 »

Looks like a normal blue mutation.
fixadix

Post by fixadix »

She looks exactly like my Meytu. The breeder called him Cinnamon Blue. Sometimes his tail appears to have a greenish blue fluorescence to it with a light grey or tannish color mixed into the blue.
rick_s0910

Post by rick_s0910 »

It does look like a female, but don't quote me on that. She's definitely Blue. Normal blue. Cinnamon blue would have a brownish color mixed in with blue flight festhers (which we can't see). The head would be bright and the rest of the body would be a bit more pale blue/grey/brown and would have dark red eyes.