Changed behaviour after new puppy

Moderator: Mods

Desiree116

Changed behaviour after new puppy

Post by Desiree116 »

Hi. I have an 8 month old yellow ringneck unsure if male or female named ZUZU.She was handreared and we have never had any bad behaviour and she has always been an absolute sweet heart . We had an old boerboel and maltese when we brought ZO home and few months after that the boerboel had to be put down because her cancer was not responding to treatment and we had no other option.A few weeks ago after months of only zo and our maltese pickle I decided to get a new boerboel. It's been a month since the new pup came home and since last week zo has been different with me. We always cuddle and play when she is out of her cage but she now she has become moody and runs away if I try to touch her and when in her cage has even bit me and acts a bit aggressive . When I ignore her and walk away from her to avoid the bad behaviour she calls for Me to come back. I have always been her favourite person but now she plays with everyone else but still keeps an eye on me watching my every move.Please can someone help with getting things back to normal.
sanjays mummi

Re: Changed behaviour after new puppy

Post by sanjays mummi »

I had to google that breed! I've never seen one in the UK, but it is very similar to our Bullmastiffs.
Ok, so what's changed?, your birds routine?, her environment, definitely, and instead of a laid back veteran, you now have a bundle of energy, do puppies Ever sleep?, you are settling in a newcomer, and everyone, including your bird, has to adjust,
Personally, I wouldn't try and force this, just let her get her head around this herself, and see if this has upset her routine in some way. Sanjay can get very uffish if things are late or out of kilter.