strange?

Moderator: Mods

riantango08

strange?

Post by riantango08 »

ive had my baby blue home for a couple of days now and ive found it strange that if she is supposed to be only 11 weeks old she/he is in fact bigger than tango who is 5 months old.

the person i brought my blue from said that he/she was from the second clutch for the parents in the season just gone,i think he might have been having me on !

the new blue has settled it ok but ive just found it a bit strange that an 11 week old baby bird can be bigger than a 5 month old bird. :?

does anyone else think it is strange?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I guess it would depend on the size of the parents. Tangos' parents may have been smaller birds, the blues parents could have been larger, or maybe Tango didn't get as much food as he was growing. There could be a heap of different factors, as well as the blue being older or even Tango may have been younger than was stated. There could even be a chance that the blues parents have Alexandrines mixed in with the Ringneck breed :? . Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who will say and do anything for a quick $ :x

Does the blue have a id ring? If so you might be able to tell aprox which month he was hatched in, as there is a very small window of time frame that closed rings can be fitted. Too young and the ring will slip off, too old and the ring will not slip over the foot. Usually have about 2 days where you can fit a closed ring.

I do not sell any of my babies under 12 weeks of age. I want to make sure that the bubs have been fully weaned and are eating on their own for awhile before they go to their new home.

:)