Confusing behavior

Moderator: Mods

Dinky318

Confusing behavior

Post by Dinky318 »

I have 3 IRN, 2 were raised together, and they are both females. I got another one from someone who didn't have time to take care of him. They are all 2 years old. My Latino won't go to anyone but me, and every time I got to get her, she hunches down and puts her wings out and starts making little noises, when she does that the other female comes up and stands tall with wings slightly spread, and starts rubbing her on the head, and won't let me touch her. I don't know if this is an intimidation thing and she is trying to become the dominate one. I'm just confused being they were raised together. Any help would be appreciated, so I can understand my babies behavior.

Dinky318
sanjays mummi

Re: Confusing behavior

Post by sanjays mummi »

Your Lutino is displaying affection, but it is also mating behaviour, if the other bird is definitely female, I can only assume she is being proprietorial, and possessive.
Dinky318

Re: Confusing behavior

Post by Dinky318 »

Thank you. I say they are both females because Blue has his ring, and the other two are still with no ring. I really don't want them mating, I don't want to be a grandma, lol. I just want to enjoy time with them and having fun with them. Again thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I've been searching with no prevail to my concerns.