Would like some advice/help.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

aus_Amanda

Would like some advice/help.

Post by aus_Amanda »

He was re-homed with a beautiful family :-)
Last edited by aus_Amanda on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJPeter

Re: Amanda & Laci from Australia. Would like some advice/help.

Post by AJPeter »

Hallo Amanda, l'm a Brit from Birmingham and my Alex hen is about 6 years old, she knows l get cross when she poops on me but sometimes she doe snot have time to move, l like to keep her semi wild and do not think l can train her but she knows I shout "Not on the cage!" but she does it anyway. She has a big poop in the morning, and if she flies to my shoulder to say hallo l put her back by saying "After you have pooped!" She used to poop in my bath while having a shower but l wait until she has pooped before l make the offer. As to your bird's club foot, it might open out in time but they are very resilient and cope with deformities. Give plenty of fruit and vegeatables, mix pellets in with the seeds but personally l do not like all pellet diets. Read all you can on our site there is a lot of infomation. Best wishes
aus_Amanda

Post by aus_Amanda »

Thank you AJPeter for reply - much appreciated.
Last edited by aus_Amanda on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hallo Amanda and Lacci, sorry about the long delay in getting back to you but l do not often look at Introduce Yourself thread you wll find me on IRN taming and feeding perhaps l had better go and look that up but search for Billie2, Sanjay mummi and l excahange emails every day and it will be good to hear from you.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Hi Amanda and Laci, well, you need to explain to your mum bread is Not a good idea, unless it has lots of seeds your bird can pick out and eat, white bread contains bleached flour, and swells up in their crop. As for seed etc, again, Trill is Budgie seed! And Not parrot seed, Fresh seed from peppers, papaya, kiwi fruit etc is the best seed. But Not apple or pear, they contain cyanide.
Sanjay comes out everyday while I clean his cage, it's the biggest Liberta cage, he can fly around inside, I've had him almost 7yrs, he was aviary hatched and parent reared, so he is semi feral, he hates hands, but has recently landed on me a couple of times. I use newspaper as "splat mats", I don't believe you Can potty train a bird, like a mammal. I assume Laci can hold his food? In spite of his club feet, if it's genetic it won't improve.
I'm sure your mum will eventually get used to you having him and interfere less, good luck!