Hi from Atlanta, picking up my baby soon

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Livingbendy

Hi from Atlanta, picking up my baby soon

Post by Livingbendy »

Hey y'all! ;)

I'm in Atlanta, and will be picking up my new baby soon. Hopefully next week. I've been lurking on the site reading everything I could to make sure baby has the best home he can.
I'll be getting a large cage for the living room where I spend most of my time. I'll also have a table top play stand for my end table, and a large one on wheels. He will have a sleeping cage in my office that is what the minimum size I could find is. Of course lots of toys.

I've had a Timmy African Grey, and I've fostered some baby Mollucans. I also used to do wildlife rescue, and have had my fair share of wild baby birds, injured birds, and an assortment of other wild babies.

I have three dogs - Kona, the mama she mothers every creature, and loves babies. The gentlest dog I've ever known - and I've known more than most. Violet - the protector. She won't let anything come near a baby, or small animal that isn't me, or one of the girls (I often refer to the dogs as the girls) Kona, and Violet are both Pit Bull mixes. Then there is Pixie, the 2lb wonderdog, and my medical alert service dog. I have a cat, named Goblin who is never allowed near any bird in the house.

Me - Veterinary Technician for more than 15 years (too lazy to do math) forced into retirement after I sustained a spinal cord injury. I also trained dogs for 20 years, and have been on dog rescue for for 20 years. I'm a lifetime student of animal behavior.
laneg

Re: Hi from Atlanta, picking up my baby soon

Post by laneg »

Congrats on the new baby. Looking forward to seeing pics.