the story of lazaros

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

nil

the story of lazaros

Post by nil »

hi all
i have irns 20 years, and the last years all my birds lived outside in cages as pairs.
A year before a my pair ( it was their first birth) hatched 5 eggs.
Someday i saw in one egg few breaks so i thought that a baby was coming, i checked this egg again the next and the next day but the breaks remained the same, no more breaks.
I was afraid for the baby life so i decided to break the egg.
I break the egg very carefuly in the top and i saw baby inside hard pushed. I couldnt free the bird so i left him in the nest and after 4 hours the baby move out. It was the first of april.
I watched to see if his parents feed him and after 10 hours the baby remained unfeedind so i handfeeded once but soon his parents began feeded him enough.
after 14 days when i return from my job, it was night, i went to see the nest and i saw the nest without his mother and the baby was cold and foodless.
So began to take him home in the night and handfeeding and the mornings put him again in the nests.
His parents feeded him but not enough so after a week i saw baby without power and with syptomes of paralysis at one foot.
I took him home, went to vet and begin to handfeeding with kaytee.
Everything went good untill weaning, when he was at weaning stage he refuced to take enough handfeeding food but didnt eat enough himself so his foot again going to paralized. I tried hard these days and finally i got it.
After all these i suppose that lazaros is the most appropriate name for him. :idea:
There is another reason to love him.
Lazaros is the grandchild of otos, otos was my first irn, my first love, i lost him before 2 years, it was my most sad day in my life, i cant forget him.
Now lazaros is 11 months old, live in my house with me
he lives in a cage and 1 hour per day going out to fly, feed and play.
He is very attached with me and wantnt to live with other birds.
i try to do everything i can for the best of my lazaros and i hope to be healthy for many many years, i am too attached with him too.

Last edited by nil on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella

Post by Bella »

He is beautiful and very lucky :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

what a kinda sad story but a lucky lucky birdie:)
Sharlene and Amazon
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Well done on helping him get this far in life :)

You have done a great job

:D
nil

Post by nil »

thank you friends :)
fiona J

Post by fiona J »

what emotive story
congrats nil
you have a wonderful baby too :)
nil

Post by nil »