Watch out!!!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Watch out!!!

Post by Lauren »

Yoda seems to love doing 'flybys' on me when I'm sitting at the computer, he likes to build up some speed and zoom past at the speed of lighting. Everytime I get whacked in the face with a wing, I say 'Woooah! Watch out!!'.. well Yoda thought it would be funny to zoom past a few times, landing on my head he leaned down to look me in the eye. Then... told me.. 'WOOOAH! Watch OUT!!' :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

hehe sounds like something oliver would do!

oliver likes to fly behind me and then land on my shoulder when i least expect it.

expcially if im drinking something or eating something he thinks it should be his.. :D

And then if im playing guitar he will land on the neck and bite the strings and get the guitar pick out of my hand... :D
-Justin
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: They are sneaky buggas sometimes! Jibby and Yoda like to prey on me as I walk in to the kitchen, then pounce on me from the top of the cupboards above! Somtimes I just see their tails poking out. Its the best hiding spot. :roll:
bec

Post by bec »

oh thats so cool there really is no such thing as a boring day with irns is there?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

lol thats really cool, i cant have Amazon flying we take him out all the time.
Sharlene and Amazon
laine

Post by laine »

Lauren, that is so funny. I can just imagine it.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hes got a thing with saying 'woooah' lately.. today he's been walking around saying it to the weirdest things like a nail in the wall (which he likes to 'feed').. and his food.. and Jibby. He seems to favor one word for a few days, saying it constantly, then changes. I think hes just making sure hes got it sounding right. :lol:
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Tooo adorable,, he is picking up some really cute words!!!
How old is he? He sounds like he's on a roll...
My guy when he's being clumsy I say 'be careful' I really hope he says that some day I think it would be so cute..
I'm wondering though if at going on 4 years he will not learn any 'new' words... What do you think? He is still very much obsessed with his ex families dog he talks about him all the time.. I feel bad that he may miss the dog but luckily the family could no longer keep him(bird) up in the main house so he probably hadn't hung out with the dog for some time,, so he gets my dogs now instead..
Sorry didnt' mean to hijack your thread... i'm still new and get excited.. :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Its okay I sometimes do that too. :D Yoda is about 16 months. He mostly copies my older bird, but every and then he'll come out with something new and hes much clearer than Jibby.
Jibby is 8 years old this year (September), he doesnt talk very well, but he trys, its just hard for someone who doesnt know him to understand the words he trying to say. I do! He has picked up some words in the last 2 years, so I don't believe older birds cannot learn new things, he has certainly learned alot in the last 2 years. There is hope. :wink:
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Lol thats funny!
Once I was cleaning up the floor while lovy is crawling around the curtain, then she fell on my head and make her laughing voice, dont know if she did this by purpose or fell accidentally :roll: .. lol
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Anyway their tail is the funniest thing, cause when they tried to hide no matter where their tail always poke out of the hiding spot!

Once I thought lovy was missing, she was nowhere around her cage or her gym, so I searched all over the room, then I see a long green thingy poking out of the curtain, I pulled it (softly of course) then she poke her head out and says "ouch"! lol :lol: