Behavior advice please

Moderator: Mods

Catmarel

Behavior advice please

Post by Catmarel »

Hi, I am new to IRN's. we bought our first one just over a week ago, after loosing my Green Cheek. We were told he is a year old, but he has his full black ring so i think he is older. He was very nervous when we first got him home, going nuts round the cage, He's had no interaction at all. By sitting & standing near the cage he is very slowly getting used to us. He was going nuts when we put our hands in the cage, but a friend advised holding our hand in resting it on a perch for a few minutes several times a day, this seams to be working as he is calming down, all be it slowly. Also after sitting near him for a while, i go into another room & sometimes he will squawk. The question i have is... when i sit next to the cage he will climb the side of the cage go around his swing, back on the side of his cage & on to his perch. He repeats this several times. As he is going round he will stop & look at us. He has now started pacing up & down his perch before he does his circuit. If i ignore him he settles back on his perch, but if i look at him again he's off again doing his circuit. Is he 'angry' with me or is he showing off?
sanjays mummi

Re: Behavior advice please

Post by sanjays mummi »

It sounds like he is still a bit scared of you and his new environment,