I'm going to buy a 3 month old ringneck parrot.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

aneeshbp

I'm going to buy a 3 month old ringneck parrot.

Post by aneeshbp »

Blue & grey are available...Which mutation is more beautiful...?can I determine their sex...?Somebody help me please.....
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: I'm going to buy a 3 month old ringneck parrot.

Post by ringneck »

Welcome to our forum! :OP

I'll admit it's super exciting picking out a color, huh?

I think it all depends on what you like. I know that when I bring Devri with me most people think she's not very pretty--or at least she does not get as much attention as my other birds -- I don't care though as to me she is stunning. :D But when I take Aya (Violet hen) everyone is amazed and constantly ask if she is fake. :)) :)) :)) :))

I think both mutations are stunning IMO--the grey ringneck looks chic while the blue ringneck looks like a blue sunny day. B-) But, if I had to get another ringneck I would shoot for the grey. :OP

Best wishes,

IMRAN-C

P.S. Please tell us what you picked. BTW, the only way to know the sex at this point is through DNA. Some breeders are great at sexing at such a young age--I know I was pretty accurate at around 8 weeks, but onetime I was wrong! ha ha ha ha ha ha! Just goes to show you anything can happen. :?:

You might want to ask your breeder to help you select the sex, but I own both sexes and they make amazing pets. I can tell you though that I love the females the best! :OP
Omnipatty

Re: I'm going to buy a 3 month old ringneck parrot.

Post by Omnipatty »

Welcome :)

I just placed a deposit on a blue. I decided to do a Dan so I could come up with a name before he/she gets here. Anxiously waiting. Good luck with which ever you choose.