the story of kierons first word (well first word here any w

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

bec

the story of kierons first word (well first word here any w

Post by bec »

well we had fun today i was trying to have some time with kieron hand feeding him treats hes still not really sure of hands so i thought food, ...the way to any guys heart....................it almost worked i would stay still with a piece of fruit in my hand and talk to him, he was starting to get the nerve to come over and as he was about to reach out for it riku would push in the way , grab the food & fly off causing kieron to start & back off so i tried making sure riku had a pice of apple then tried again but by the time kieron attempted another try riku had finished her piece & of course kierons must taste better so in she pushed again. Then kieron tried chasing her off but as soon as he turned his back she was back pinching the food and flying off again chortling away.After a while kieron & i gave up i put a food dish on the top of the cage and as riku thought she was pinching the food i was placing food in the dish for kieron not so good as a bonding session but at least he wasnt missing out but kieron also seemed to be aware that we were putting one over on riku so he started screech in prostest when she ate "his" food all of a sudden he flew in between riku and i and in a loud and demanding voice said "HELLO"
well i dont know who was more shocked the look on rikus face was a classic and as for me i knew he could talk but had been told it would take months for him to feel comfortable enough to speak...as hes only been here 6 days i was stunned then he sat there looking tilting his head then walked to the one place on the cage where he will take food form me and chirped as if to say well come on you know i did good wheres my treat?
so of course i gave it to him and told him how proud i was
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a funny birdy! Sometimes I think they know more than we think. Real smarty pants they are!! Make us look stupid sometimes!

Sounds like a feeding time here. Yoda gets possessive over the food, and Jibbys food is always better! But Jibby knows well enough he will get his share. He seems to think I will do everything for him... and hes right.. haha. I try to feed them in their separate cages now because Yoda thinks everything is his. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

thanks lauren its great to know its not just our fids getting up to this :lol: